Travelpro is a brand popular for its travel products. Some people who buy Travelpro products often don't know the model that they have, and this can be a problem when replacement parts are needed. We looked into this and we have answers for you!
To check what model of Travelpro you have in your possession, check the label that is sewn on the lining. These labels identify the information you will need like the model or the series of the luggage. It will also identify the kind of bag that you have, which is also useful.
Knowing which model of Travelpro luggage is important because you'll need the information for many reasons. In this post, we will talk about why you'll need the model of your Travelpro, as well as how you can fix different models. So keep scrolling and enjoy this post!
How Do I Know What Model Travelpro I Have?
If you are a frequent traveler, you might have known about the popularity of the Travelpro brand. Known for their excellent travel bags and luggage, Travelpro is a trusted brand for airline crew and travelers alike.
Because of this, Travelpro has created hundreds, if not thousands of these great products. They have different models for their luggage and suitcases and most of the time, people are not aware of which model they bought.
Knowing about what model of Travelpro that you have in your possession is easy. Check the lining of the bag or suitcase that you have. You should find a label sewn onto it which states all the details that you need.
On the label of the Travelpro bag or suitcase, you should see the model or the series listed on it. You will also see what kind of bag that you have, like Garment Bag, Rollabord case, Duffel, etc.
Knowing what model of Travelpro you have is important because of different reasons. It's great to know what model or series that you have in case you'd like to purchase matching items with it.
You'll also need your Travelpro model and style number when you register your luggage on their site. The style number is on the second label hidden behind the original Travelpro label on the main compartment of the luggage or bag.
The model of the Travelpro is also important if you need to get certain parts of your luggage fixed. One of the best things about Travelpro is that you can get replacement parts for your luggage and have it fixed instead of getting a new piece of luggage.
Where Can I Get Travelpro Replacement Parts?
One of the best things about Travelpro is that you can replace some of its parts when it breaks. This is great if you are quite fond of your Travelpro or if the damage is minor and easily replaceable.
Befor you can get parts for your Travelpro make sure that you know what specific model you have. Travelpro has a catalog of parts that you can order from them so you can replace them by yourself.
If the model of your Travelpro is not listed on the catalog, Travelpro might have removed it from their listing because of age. They generally keep replacement parts for their products 5 years after the life of the collection. They also keep parts if there is a listed defect.
However, you can also contact their customer service line and ask if there are other options for replacement parts that are not on their listing. Some authorized repair centers may still have these and you can send your bag there for repair.
Can You Repair Your Own Travelpro?
If you are nowhere near a Travelpro authorized repair center, you might want to contact their customer service lines to help you. However, if the repairs are pretty minor and you have a bit of handyman talent in you, you can definitely repair your own Travelpro.
After you've ordered your replacement parts on their website, you can then look for the instruction videos on how to repair them. Some of the most common issues that you can repair by yourself is changing the zipper pulls, replacing spinner wheels, or fixing the handle.
Changing zipper pull
- Replacement Travelpro zipper pull
- Flathead screwdriver
- Small sheet of paper
- Using the flathead screwdriver, loosen the gap in between the zipper to open it a little bit. Make sure it's just wide enough to slide the new zipper pull into the zipper slider.
- Slip on the new replacement zipper pull. Make sure it faces the other side of the gap.
- Fold the small piece of paper and place it on top of the zipper slider. This will prevent scratching from the pliers.
- Use the pliers and put a little bit of pressure on the zipper, just enough to prevent the zipper pull from falling off. Make sure to avoid completely closing the gap of the zipper slider.
Replacing spinner wheels
- Replacement spinner wheel kit
- Phillips screwdriver (size depends on the model of the Travelpro bag)
- Lay the bag flat and open the main compartment. Inside the bag, you will see the interior zipper which houses the interior parts of your suitcase.
- Open the zipper and locate the screw that holds the spinner wheels.
- Using the screwdriver, unscrew the spinner wheels carefully.
- Once the screw is loose, simply remove the old spinner wheel by pulling it off.
- Carefully remove the three bearings on top of the wheel (make sure to follow the correct order of the bearings.) Also remove the clear film for the magnet tracking which you will reuse for the replacement.
- Get the new set of replacement wheels and put the pieces back in the proper order. You should put the clear film first, and then the three bearings in the correct order.
- Insert the wheel and screw it back in place.
Fixing the handles (top or side)
- Replacement Travelpro handle
- Phillips screwdriver
- Small pliers
- Lay the bag flat and open the interior zipper lining to expose the luggage interiors.
- Carefully remove the foam inserts and keep it safe. You will be putting it back after the replacement.
- Using the pliers, brace the nut firmly using gentle pressure.
- With the Phillips screwdriver, carefully unscrew the handle from the outside at the same time. Remove the screw completely.
- Do the same for the other side.
- Carefully pull off the old or broken handle and replace it with the new one.
- Screw it back in place and tighten the nut on the inside of the suitcase. Return the foam liner back in place before zipping the interior lining.
What Are The Best Travelpro Luggage?
With Travelpro being one of the most recognized brands in the travel luggage industry, you will surely have no problem picking the right bag for you. Here are some of their most popular luggage that travelers prefer.
Travelpro Maxlite 5 Softside
A light, but ultra-durable spinner, this is one of Travelpro's customer favorites. With the extra space thanks to the expandable zipper, you can pack more on your trips.
Travelpro Crew Versapack
The Crew Versapack is a piece of luggage that you can truly maximize. With its nifty integrated travel organizers, this suitcase will make traveling easy wherever you're going.
Travelpro Platinum Elite Hardside
If you are more comfortable with hardside luggage, this collection will be perfect for you. Created with ultra-durable polycarbonate and corner guards, this bag will survive any rumble and tumble in your adventures.
Wrapping Things Up
Travelpro products are great investments if you are a frequent traveler. Their durable, excellently made luggage and bags will surely last for many years. Even if you've had tons of great adventures, these bags will stay with you for many more travels to come.
Are you looking for more information about travel luggage? We have a couple of articles that you might find interesting: