The Heys luggage scale is a great nifty tool to carry around for travelers to help prevent going over allowable luggage limits. Like many electronic devices, it can also run out of batteries and fortunately, we can help you learn how to change them in no time.
How to Change the Heys Luggage Scale Battery
For scales that use 2 x AAA batteries:
- Flip the luggage scale upside down and look for the battery compartment.
- Gently press the clip to unlatch the battery compartment cover and pull it out of its slot.
- Remove the two used AAA batteries and discard them properly.
- Replace the two AAA batteries, making sure to follow the right positions of the batteries.
- Place the cover back in place and lock the cover's clip. Turn on the luggage scale to check if it is working.
For scales that use 2 CR2032 batteries:
- Turn the luggage scale upside down to see where the battery compartment is.
- Using a small Philips screwdriver, unscrew the battery compartment cover, making sure not to lose the small screws.
- Remove the two CR2032 batteries and replace them with new ones.
- Slide the battery cover back in place and screw it back to complete changing the batteries.
- Turn on the luggage scale to see if it is working properly.
Changing the batteries of luggage scales is important because weak batteries can also affect the reading of the luggage weight. Keep reading this post because we have some travel advice on using luggage scales and why you should weigh your luggage for travel.
Heys Luggage Scale Battery Change - How To?
Packing for a trip can be daunting, especially if you have a lot of luggage with you. One of the things that travelers must always consider is the weight of their luggage. Most airlines have luggage restrictions and passengers have limitations on their luggage weight.
One of the best brands in luggage design and comfort, Heys have a multitude of travel products from smart suitcases to luggage scales. For the simple traveler, a luggage scale will suffice in keeping their luggage weight in check.
There are different models for the Heys luggage scale. The Heys xScale PRO II is a small, but ergonomically designed luggage scale that provides accurate reading in a small tool. It also has a fast auto-weight locking feature which is great for users so you get the reading fast.
The Heys xScale Mini, on the other hand, is a little smaller, but just as powerful. The Mini is sleek and compact, which is perfect for travelers who want a luggage scale they can bring with them everywhere.
Changing the batteries of the Heys luggage scale is pretty easy, depending on the model that you have. The luggage scales also require different batteries so make sure to have the correct one before changing them.
For luggage scales that use 2 x AAA batteries
- Flip the luggage scale upside down and look for the battery compartment. This should be on the underside with a compartment cover that has a clip on one end.
- Gently press the clip to unlatch the battery compartment cover and remove it completely.
- Remove the two used AAA batteries. Make sure to discard the batteries properly.
- Using fresh AAA batteries, insert two of them in the battery slot, making sure to check which sides go correctly. Make sure to match the + and - contact points so the luggage scale will work properly.
- Put the cover back in place and check if the luggage scale is working.
For luggage scales that use 2 CR2032 batteries
- Turn the luggage scale face side down and look for the battery compartment. You'll see that there are screws on the underside of the luggage scale where the compartment is.
- Using a small Philips screwdriver, unscrew the battery compartment cover, making sure to keep the screws so you won't lose them.
- Remove the compartment cover and the used CR2032 batteries. Dispose the batteries properly.
- Replace the batteries with fresh CR2032 batteries, making sure to check the right contact points before closing the cover.
- Place the cover back in place and screw it back to complete changing the batteries.
Are Portable Luggage Scales Accurate?
The quick answer to this question is yes, portable luggage scales are accurate. Despite its small size and portability, these luggage scales can accurately give you the correct luggage weight. Of course, it is also important to use the scales properly to get the right reading.
Always make sure that the batteries of your luggage scales are new and working well. Weak batteries often give out a false reading. Don't forget to change the batteries if you haven't used the luggage scale for quite some time.
When using the luggage scale, always remember to place the luggage in a firm, flat surface. You'll need to be stable as well so that the luggage scale can read the weight correctly when you lift the suitcase for the reading.
Why Should You Weigh Your Luggage?
Traveling with heavy luggage can be a nightmare, despite the assurance that you have everything you need in your suitcase. Heavy luggage can be troublesome to carry around while traveling, there are a host of other reasons why you should stay within the weight limit.
Here are some of the best reasons why you should weigh your luggage:
1. Airline restrictions
One of the things you will notice when you book an airplane ticket are the weight restrictions they impose on passenger luggage. This is because airplanes can only carry a certain allowable weight, and too much luggage from too many passengers can cause issues.
Check your luggage restrictions before you start packing your bags, to make sure that you'll only bring the things that you need. If your suitcase is too heavy when you need to check it in the airport, you'll have to pay hefty fees for the excess weight of your luggage.
2. Airport scales are sometimes inaccurate
Typically, you'll find airport scales in the airport to help passengers weigh their luggage before their flight. While they are quite useful, the number of people who use them everyday can cause the scales to be inaccurate because they are not calibrated regularly.
3. Small items can become heavy
Sometimes, we feel like small items are light so we tend to pack more of them inside our bags. However, too many of these small items can actually mean a heavier load, leading to an overweight suitcase at the airport.
Using a luggage scale will prevent you from overpacking too much of these small items. The luggage scale will also count the weight of your luggage, so you'll soon realize that you've probably gone over the limit even if the suitcase isn't full yet.
4. Avoid unloading and throwing items
Airports often accumulate hundreds of pounds of discarded personal items from passengers looking to unload their excess baggage in the airport. This happens when people pack too many things, but they are also unwilling to pay the expensive fees for excess weight.
Avoid wasting money and throwing items by keeping the weight of your luggage in check right at home. This way, you won't have to throw out things and you don't have to pay for excess baggage fees in the airport.
5. Smart luggage can give you problems
Nowadays, smart luggage have taken its fair share of popularity in the market. These suitcases come equipped with a scale that lets you know how much weight the suitcase already has with a simple tap on the phone.
However, despite its convenience, smart luggage can also be a problem when traveling because of its batteries. Go old school and use a regular suitcase with a luggage scale to make your packing easier.
A luggage scale is something you should always keep in mind while traveling. Avoid the hassle of packing too much and paying hefty fees by staying within limits using a luggage scale. It's a small travel tool, but it definitely makes travel packing worry-free.
Are you looking for more information about how much weight you can travel with? We have some articles that can help you: